The term web server can refer to either the hardware (the computer) or the software (the computer application) that helps to deliver web content that can be accessed through the Internet.
The most common use of web servers is to host websites, but there are other uses such as gaming, data storage or running enterprise applications
The primary function of a web server is to deliver web pages to clients. Continue reading
Protocols types used to transfer data over the web
Protocols types – Communications protocol/Network protocol
- Within computer science, a communications protocol is a system of digital rules for data exchange within or between computers.
- When data is exchanged through a computer network, the rules system is called a network protocol. Continue reading
Let us take a look at the basic terms of internet that you hear in your day to life. We will see What is internet, what is WWW or the web, what is domain name, what is web hosting service, what is DNS domain name system.
Basic terms of internet – What is internet?
- The Internet is a massive public spiderweb of computer connections.
- It is a network of networks that consists of millions of private, public, academic, business, and government networks, of local to global scope, that are linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless, and optical networking technologies.
- The Internet carries an extensive range of information resources and services, such as the inter-linked hypertext documents of the World Wide Web (WWW), the infrastructure to support email, and peer-to-peer networks.
Click here to read more about what is internet in detail Continue reading